Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Fun Facts

So, I was reading the instructions to the wine kit (yah, I know, reading instructions is for GIRLS...but I am a girl :D), and it mentioned that a person over 21 can legally make up to 100 gallons of wine, beer, or mead in one year for personal consumption, as long as they do not sell it.

I'm not sure about you, but I'm pretty sure that 100 gallons already constitutes alcoholism, and a HELUVA lot of free time to be making this stuff. That's about 2 gallons a week, or almost 2 bottles of wine every day.

It also states on the outside of the box that the kit is meant only for persons over the age of 21. See, I don't think that they can prevent a person under 21 from buying the kit, technically, since it does not contain alcohol...but it gives explicit instructions and precisely measured ingredients and equipment to MAKE alcohol, which could be a problem.


Hmmmmm. I wonder what the cashier at BB& Beyond would do if a 12 yo kid tried to buy this thing.

No comments: