Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter

Well, Happy Easter to all of you who celebrate, also Happy Passover, Happy Ostara, and if there's some equivalent other holiday, Happy whatever.

My mother really enjoys Easter, and she is completely enabled by all of the adults in our family who still love to run around like little 'uns and find plastic eggs filled with candy. Every year the Egg Hunt gets bigger and funnier-each person gets one special egg with their name on it and more candy inside. This is the cause of much hilarity as for the past two years people have-in their zeal to collect as many eggs as possible-grabbed other people's eggs. Fortunately it's all in good fun...even if my aunt DOES get so into the whole thing that she brings comfortable shoes to change into in order to be more competitive.

It's also a guarantee for a good meal, as my mother gets everything all set up for a huge feast, always involving a ham that seems to be bigger than any one pig could produce :D This year my sister also chipped in with these phyllo-wrapped asparagus spears that were FABULOUS. Even if they probably did constitute most of my calories for the day :D It's Easter, after all, and the celebrations always include more food than is probably good for you...so I figure, enjoy! It only happens once a year, and as we get older it seems to be more and more fun for all of us to get together and celebrate in that manner.

It was a shame, however, that my other sister (whose birthday it was) wasn't able to be with us, but from what I hear she and her husband also had a wonderful holiday. I can't wait for the pictures from kayak-point to start appearing on her blog :D

Happy Birthday and Happy Easter!

No comments: