Thursday, May 3, 2007

Air and Space

This past weekend, my sister came down to DC. She had this amazing deal by which for $15 she got a chartered bus round trip and a ticket to the Spy Museum (I'm jealous. I've never been, at least not yet, and the tix cost $16 if you just walk in. I don't know how her school found that deal, but they deserve some props for that). Since she was going to have the afternoon free, we decided to get together. Super Thin Man, my sister and I went to the Hard Rock Cafe, DC for lunch. My sister had never been to any Hard Rock (oh, the Horror!), and I'd never been to the DC one, so it was a good time for all (Super Thin Man has been there, he was amused by the two of us giggling like silly people :D).

Then we went to the Air and Space Museum. We had though to take sis to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space in Northern VA, but we realized how much time that would eat up, so we went to the one on the Mall. Udvar-Hazy. Udvar-Hazy. Teehee, I love saying that :D

Super Thin Man forgot his professional ID (again) which meant he didn't get the free ticket for the IMAX (again), but we went anyway-those 3D effects were really cool.

Then we decided to go check out the simulators. Well, sis wanted to go with me. I was pilot and she was gunner-we hit all of one target. This was mainly due to my inability to get the plane to go where I wanted it to go. Super Thin Man was by himself and therefore gunner/pilot-he hit six. Gee, I wonder who spent their youth playing flight simulator video games :D Next time I vow to:
A) Practice first so I have a better idea of how to use the controls and
B) Mention that if she ACTUALLY wants to hit something, she might consider going with STM.

All in all, it was a very nice afternoon and an ideal study break. I hope she gets the chance to come down like that again!

2 comments:

College Glassblower said...

i think the school bought the tickets on their trips budget and then just charged us for the bus- they tend to do that a lot...

Vika said...

whatever the deal was, that was pretty sweet!