Monday, May 21, 2007

Ahhhh....


This has been a long time coming, and had several roadbumps/construction sites/unbuilt bridges and various other challenges along the way, but I did indeed graduate. I now am the proud owner of two very fancy pieces of paper (one undergrad, one grad) written in Latin (I told you they were fancy!) about two and a half by two feet in size to hang on my wall, about $55k in debt, and more knowledge on various subjects of interest to about ten people in the world than I probably care to admit.

Mom and Dad came down for the ceremony, which I made very little noise about for several reasons: First, I actually wasn't sure it was truly going to happen until about a week and a half ago, second, my wedding is fast approaching and I thought it was a bit much to make a big deal about both, and third, MAN, am I just happy to be FINISHED.

So, Super Thin Man sat with the Parents and got to be all happy and proud (which was fun...I was actually much happier about the whole thing than I thought I'd be) and then we went to Le Mistral for dinner. Wow. Super Thin Man gets big time credit with the Parents for that particular find. Mom officially put him in charge of finding nice restaurants when they are in town. Tee hee. It was a very nice dinner all around, good food, good wine, good company. In short, it was the kind of meal that in reality you only get once in a great while, but that you'd like to have much more often.

1 comment:

Vika said...

FYI-the guy in that picture is carrying the Georgetown Mace, which is very old and symbolic and quite heavy in case of attack by rogue GW students or faculty.