Monday, February 26, 2007

Snow, Oscars, blah!

This weekend was...eventful. Friday night I ended up going to the 18th Street lounge with some friends...lots of fun! I LOVE the fact that it has no sign-just a doorway. The fiance's been under the weather, so he stayed home. This was kind of weird considering we go almost everywhere together. It was okay, though, he got his sleep and I got my hang-out time.

Saturday....hmmm....oh, yeah, I finally found a pair of boots that fit my ginormous calves. Of course, I have to wear 2 pairs of socks with them because they are 9 1/2's (I'm normally between a 7 1/2 and an 8, depending on how wide they are) but they ROCK!! Which is good, because I only buy boots...well, any shoes for that matter...when my old ones begin to actually have holes and such. Maybe my sister will be a kind soul and knit me a pair of socks that are thin at the top and reeeally thick at the bottom and cozy. And perhaps purple. Hmmm. I should ask her :D

Sunday we were supposed to visit a friend with a sheep farm and baby lambkins (three of whom were born as we were supposed to be driving up there. Neato!) but when we tried to go to the grocery store beforehand, we ended up on the median at the exit from our apartment complex. It was snowing, you see, and about three inches of white, fluffy, slippery stuff was on the ground. Thus both obscuring the median and the road markings. In a situation resembling less coincidence than Providence (after we ended up on the median with all four wheels about 1/2 inch off the ground) a guy wandered past with a hitching cord. And a guy in a HUGE...I mean we are talking B.A.T. also wandered by, and they pulled us off the median. Which is good, since USAA's 'roadside assistance' was going to let us cool our heels for two hours before the 'assistance' was supposed to arrive. Fab.

This meant that we A)didn't get groceries and B) missed the lambing. We stayed home all day. Fiance sulked for a while over the car incident (I was driving, he figured he would've avoided the situation, I refrain from commenting on this) and then got over it when I made chicken soup. For those who may not have tried my chicken soup, it's always enough for about a week and very tasty :D

So, we decided to watch the Oscars. Although I enjoyed the E! pre-game show, it wasn't as much fun as it would have been had they made more comments about how people were dressed (and if I had agreed with more of the comments they did make-sheesh, they thought Cameron Diaz looked good. Who could think that a woman whose hair looked like it'd seen the business end of a vacuum cleaner, whose skin was an orange color normally associated with highlighters and whose outfit looked like she'd forgotten a dress and therefore had to badly improvise with a white satin sheet could look good?????). Then the actual show started, and within an hour we were both ready for bed...they put us to sleep by about 9:30...and I hear they went on well past midnight! Wow, did they really think that people who had work on Monday were going to watch that stuff????

And that was my weekend.

No comments: