Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sigh...

So, tonight we have to go to one of those meetings where they assess your 'readiness for marriage.' I'm somewhat torn on this issue. Fiance has a bit of a history, but I've never been this close to actually telling someone officially that I want to spend the rest of my life with them and them alone, so the enormity of that decision makes me a little nervous. What if they say we aren't prepared? Argh! And I'm definitely hormonal, which always makes me a little melancholy. All in all I am starting to understand why people elope.

We did find a very nice photographer, though, and she has really reasonable package deals. Nothing's set yet, but she's at the top of the list so far. We haven't even started looking for a DJ, and the caterer situation is only just starting to come into focus. The seamstress, who has been great thus far, is being very patient with my current turtle-like speed of communication, but that has to start happening again, too. So much to keep track of!

I wonder what this would be like if I weren't in grad school and working 4 full days a week....

No comments: