Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Good Bosses Are A Rare Gift.

I am an intern. I am a lucky intern-I am not unpaid. This is rare.

This having been said, I still get intern-like things to do, often involving updating spreadsheets (I am not actually an Excel goddess, but I'm certainly getting close to demi-status.) and other, well, tedious tasks.

My boss actually recognizes the work I have done, and even occasionally says thank you, while being very flexible about things like classes and doctor appointments, not to mention the fact that he often shares these tasks with me and the others instead of just making others do the tedious work for him. He even occasionally gives me something of real importance to do, such as the project I just completed...and I think he just offered me a part-time-which-may-just-evolve-to-full-time job. Wow.

Thank you, boss, for caring!

Edited to add:

And I'm pretty sure that the reason why interns are treated so well here is that my boss started as one. Here. As did several other now-higher-ranking members of the staff. Yay!!

No comments: