Monday, March 10, 2008

Lest you think I've morphed into a full time PITA

Super Thin Man and I had our three year anniversary of our first date this past Friday :) Yes, I know we are now married and have a wedding anniversary, but hey, it's more meaningful than Valentine's Day and it's a nice excuse to spend some time with my DH.

We went to the U.S. Botanical Gardens Orchid Show on Saturday, and Westmoreland State Park on Sunday. It almost made up for Daylight Savings Time, which is screwing with my brain.

For those of you who have not been, the Botanical Gardens is a classic Victorian style greenhouse on the National Mall right next to the Capitol Building. It's a really nice place to visit anytime, especially in winter when it's grey and cold outside. They always have an abundance of green, living, sometimes flowering things to perk up your mood.

Also, Westmoreland State Park is a tiny little park (1 mile square, really!) with a gorgeous beachfront, some lovely woods, bald eagles, tons of other avian life, pretty trails, and a spectacular view of the Potomac from the Northern Neck of Virginia, where the river is 5 miles wide. I highly recommend a visit.

No comments: