Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Crochet. Sigh.

I have now tackled several crochet projects, pictures of which will be posted as I:

A) give the completed projects to their intended recipients and
B) get off my lazy butt long enough to post the pics. Which reminds me, I need to photograph a couple of things.

Question: why do so many published and/or free patterns have mistakes in them? I've come across this a couple of times now, and it's quite irritating.

For example, I am currently wrestling with this pattern, a cute free shrug pattern from Berroco called 'Beatrice.' I'm using different colors and yarn, since I like wool and such :) My issue is that it doesn't seem to make any sense. I got through the first row with difficulty, but now I'm trying to make the directions work for the second row. It appears that the stitch count is off somewhere.

Argh!

On the other hand, I still like the look of the theoretical finished product. I will keep trying for now.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Victoria, see my October blog post on my struggles with the shrug. You'll have to fudge the stitch count to make sure your stitches line up at the top and bottom of the chevrons. It's a pain in the rear, but it can be done.
http://creativeramblings.blogspot.com/2007/10/beatrice-shrug-completed.html