Monday, February 4, 2008

Skiing and other pursuits

Last week STM and I went with my good friend to Maine to ski at Sugarloaf for a week. Little did we know that they take the term 'ski in-ski out condo' quite literally. We could watch the nearest lift out of one bay window to see when they started running in the morning and had to walk a whole 50 feet to the edge of the nearest slope. It was tough. STM and I have only really been skiing a few times, so going for a whole week was a real treat. Also, blueberry beer is intriguing, but that's beside the point. At the beginning of the week I was certainly the Queen of Green, the greener the better! We had daily lessons included in our ridiculously cheap ski package, so STM and I took advantage. By the week's end I was very sore from using all those muscles differently than usual, however, I was also up to the 'dark' blue slopes. I'm hoping that in the next trip I'll get to do some black diamond slopes. STM and my friend are still more advanced than I, but I'm narrowing the gap.

Also, I started a new crochet project. It's going to be a shawl for my grandmother. I'm planning to make one for each of them, actually, but the other will be made on my new 7' triangle loom, which FINALLY arrived! It sorta hangs like a picture on the wall, which is neat!

My sister, SWMBO, had her little girl on January 18th. Needless to say my sister hasn't posted a blog entry since, lol! I am now addicted to watching the Flickr account with the pictures to see when they post more :)

So. Today is my first day back from vacation, and I had 95 emails in my box this morning. I'm still going through them. I suppose I should go continue with that....

1 comment:

College Glassblower said...

yes, i completely understand the pictures thing... there are just not enough being posted fast enough!