Thursday, February 21, 2008

On Life

On Tuesday I finally made a move I've been thinking about, planning, obsessing over, and generally giving Super Thin Man migraines over for the last three months. I gave notice at my job. At the latest my last day will be April 15th, to give me time to train the newbies (note: plural) and get certain things finished before I go.

Well, what next you ask? It looks like I'll be a housewife for a bit.

Wow.

Housewife. Domestic Engineer. One who does house-type things and perhaps cooks.

I'm also going to be writing a plan for a home-based business creating my own line of ointments, creams, soaps, etc. along with a possible line of home-spun, hand-dyed yarns in small batches.

First, though, I'm gonna take some time off. For this I have STM to thank. He has a very stable, very secure position and they keep telling him how great he is (I agree, BTW). Thus, if we are careful and sensible with the finances, and if we make definite plans to move somewhere cheaper (which could be any number of places, especially in comparison with Fairfax, home of the $500K 800 square foot condo) we can afford this for a while. We are thinking maybe Leesburg or Frederick...maybe as far out as Front Royal. Someplace not too far from said decent workplace of STM's.

Wow. Life changes fast.

2 comments:

College Glassblower said...

dude, what did i MISS! good for you hon! have fun being all domestic and stuff and junk and stuff...

Vika said...

I'll fill you in the next time we talk.

Thanks!!