Friday, March 30, 2007

Gipqwudjhn Public Service Announcement of a Sort:

Right. I'm not sure you can actually overload your brain, but I certainly did try this week. At one point I said something to my younger sister about my classload, and she basically told me to suck it up and deal, because SHE has to write something in FRENCH. Uh huh.

Try reading sources that are written in 17th century Russian. Or even 17th century French, I'll take that, too. Then talk to me. Oh, yeah, and you don't have a job yet, either, do you? Or really, anything taking up your time except school and the attendant college-related fun times? Not that I don't sympathise-I had some winner roommates, and I know she's dealing with one, but hey, I think our playing field isn't really level here. Just putting that out there.

Yes, I have been a bit whiny and cross about things recently, especially those concerning my degree. I realize this, and as soon as I have a full week's normal sleep back in my system I'm sure it will calm down. Also, if they count the credits from this past summer like I hope they will and I get to graduate in May, I promise to be a much happier camper.

I will say that I'm REALLY looking forward to the wedding. I had a lot of fun at both my older sisters' weddings, and I truly hope that everyone has a really good time at our wedding, too. I am also quite grateful to my sisters for their support and advice. I must also note here that I had no idea how smart I was being when I asked my best friend to be my MOH. She rocks. Also everyone else who has been helping out/offering to help out thus far, I really appreciate all your help!

I've also mentioned that work is going reasonably well. This I must be grateful for, especially since there are others in my program who have yet to find jobs, and several people from last year's crop of graduates who didn't find a job for six months and more. Yeesh.

All in all, I have much to be grateful for, and so when I get whiny and moany, I will try and remember these things.

This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system, yadda yadda yadda.

No comments: