Thursday, March 29, 2007

I give people, I give.

So, although I've been posting (pretty much for myself, at least at first) on this blog for a bit now, my sisters hadn't been in on the fun. But now that the filial blogs are reaching critical mass, I figure it's only fair to pitch in to the madness.

My boss, whose birthday is today, is a curious creature. I've mentioned his oddness before on this blog, but I am forced to repeat myself: an Actual Good Boss is a rare thing, and must be commended when found.

Happy Birthday Shawn, whereever you happen to be today. I hope you took your convertible and went to some beach somewhere or something like that!

In other news: Masters Degrees. Not for the faint of heart. I commend my brother in law, seeing as how he is almost finished a PhD. Wow-this Masters Degree is more than enough to handle for me...I don't think I'd be up to the challenge of a PhD. I might feel differently if I wasn't working almost full time and planning a wedding, but hey, life happens.

Speaking of wedding planning, aside from an intriguing idea to have my dress made from 'hemp' fabric (tee hee), we've found ourselves a caterer!! Oddly enough, we ended up going with the woman who reminds me strongly of my sister. Well, at least I know that if she's like my sister, who (well, okay, all of us are like this, but hey, she came first :D) has a bit of an attention to detail thing...some call it perfectionism, but since I also suffer from this I'll be kind...then I figure she'll make a good wedding caterer. :D

And, in other news, I get to write an entire paper on the history of wine in Eastern Europe and how the perception of it can be seen as a reflection of social change. No Kidding. I can even support that thesis.

No comments: