Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The thing about wisdom teeth....

MAN! Did that hurt. But it's starting to not hurt anymore, which is good. At this point I'm mainly down to avoiding chewing with my back teeth for another two weeks or so and getting tension headaches from only chewing with my front teeth. I've lost about 10 lbs. so far, and I'm still mainly on soft/liquid foods, so I anticipate that I'll lose more weight before I'm able to eat normally again. I'm very happy that I had the forethought (or something) to start taking vitamins again about a month ago or I'd probably be much worse off. The goal now is to keep losing weight - to really be a healthy weight I need to lose about 20-30 more lbs. - and to eat properly and exercise so it doesn't come creeping back. I was a size 8 when I came back from Russia, and I felt really good as a size 8. I'm currently a size 12-14, and I feel like a ton of bricks whenever I try to climb stairs. Not good. I don't need to be a stick, and Super Thin Man would DEFINITELY object if I tried to become one, but it's long since time I spent more time on keeping myself in shape and eating well. The truth of being Jack Sprat's wife is that he LIKES curvy women. That's part of why he likes me. This is nice, since I don't even think anorexia would get me back to a size 4 like I was in high school, and I like food way too much to stop eating it anyway.

I know I'm rambling, but I don't care. It's that sort of morning. So I'm going to ramble a bit more - warning, this bit will be somewhat sappy, so if you don't care for it don't read it.

I like my husband. He's a really nice guy. I feel like I hit the jackpot in a big way when I had the good sense (or something) to go out with him that first time. He's smart, funny, and he kind of looks like George Harrison (with the goatee especially). He's slender, and will probably not develop much of a gut (if his grandpa is anything to go by...) and cares about keeping himself healthy. He's brilliant at all the things that frustrate me, like anything involving more than googling or pointing and clicking where computers are involved or playing instruments. I can sing, and some say I do it well, but i don't have much talent for playing an instrument. He's quiet, gentle and kind, but strong. He has amazing eyes. Did I mention that I think he's really good looking? Because I do. He's got much better hair than I do, and since I'm married to him I get to run my fingers through it whenever I want. He's a good driver, and has the good fortune to have found a solid, respectable job that he LIKES. And is really GOOD at. Which is more than I've found thus far, but there's hope :). But I think one of the most unique and wonderful things about him is that he manages to live with me, and enjoy it. All of you who know me understand this, but for those who don't, I'm kind of a handful. Very willful, and a bit crazy to boot, but he helps keep me centered. So. I think that may be enough for now, though I could easily keep going...

No comments: