Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tea and Sleep.

So this morning STM and I were slowly awakening. This is pretty normal, as is the fact that NPR was what was interrupting our morning snooze time. There was a piece this morning that made it even harder to get out of bed, and explains a bit why I have such trouble sleeping earlier in the evening, especially recently.

Sigh.

Modern society does not respect sleep. This is a terrible thing.

So, as with a usual day, my chronic sleep deprivation hit me in the middle of the afternoon. I'm eschewing coffee (again) because in addition to being too much caffeine it's tough on my stomach.

My sister's tea saved me. One of the teas she gifted me for Christmas is called 'grapefruit.' it's black tea with some bits of grapefruit in it and it smells divine. Also, as you may guess from the description, it's quite the picker-upper.

Thank you CGB!

1 comment:

College Glassblower said...

you are of course welcome for my FABULOUS gift... i do the same thing because coffee makes me jittery and nervous without actually waking me up that much... the site is adagio.com and the things i got you were all sample sizes- they have bigger ones if you like one more than the others. also, i just got a tea from the supermarket that is pomegranate and acai green tea made by bigelow- which is awesome ( high praise coming from someone who usually abhors any fruity tea for tasting too sugary and processed) and has a very light fruity pomegranate taste- you might also like to try that. i drink it every morning before i run out the door to catch the shuttle...